So, today I have a few tips on how to be self-confident! It took me a very long time to get to where I am today. I wanted to share with you how I have become who I am.
- Boosting Self-Esteem and Empowerment
- Everyday I tell myself that I am good enough and that I am capable of anything and everything I set my mind to. I do have my days where nothing goes my way or life happens. As long as I remind myself that I am worth it, smart, beautiful.
- Journaling Your Thoughts
- I love writing down what I am feeling in that specific moment. Whether I am happy or upset. I write it. I make sure that I put every feeling down in a notebook, date it and keep it as a memory that at one point, I was broken and now I am okay. When I was younger I used to write down the good and the bad. Looking back on it now – I am proud that I wrote down the way I was feeling. It reminds me that 13 year old Cheyenne would not believe how far I’ve come.
- Write down your thought into a journal and date every entry! Try actually writing everyday, whether it’s on your phone in notes or on a piece of paper. It is relaxing and will help you in the end.
- Embracing Yourself
- It was a very long struggle to learn to love my body. It took me a long time to accept that I was plus size. I walked into my first casting call when I was 15 years old and the women told me I would be consider “Plus”. At that time, I found it as a derogatory remark. I’ve learned my body is beautiful regardless of what anyone thinks or says.
LOVE YOURSELF. Do not listen to what anyone says, because the only opinion of your body that matters is you own.
- Learn that your body was made for you. There is a plan for you and your body. Embrace the body that you were given because what really matters is the heart inside.
- Look Back At Your Achievements/Experiences
- Do exactly that. Look back at how far you have come. Realize that it is you who has made it. Look at the memories you’ve had and realize that they build you. Being bullied was an eye opener that changed my life forever – and for the good.
- Look back at your failures and think how far you’ve come and what you’ve learned from failing. Failing is all the part of learning.
- Who You Are – Values
- Finding who you are is the most important piece. This defines you and creates an outline of how you want to live. Find the values that mean the most to you. These shape who you are and can help you become confident when standing by them.
- Mine are empowerment, confidence, integrity, responsibility and dedication. What are yours?
- Don’t Compare To Others
- When comparing yourself to others comes jealousy, hate, depression, anxiety and a whole bunch of things that damage our self-esteem. By comparing ourselves to others, we end up feeling inadequate and not good enough.
- Believe In Yourself
- This is the best advice I can give to becoming self-confident. This is so important to be the only reason for change in confidence. You can only do it for yourself. Believe that you can do the impossible. Believe that you are capable of whatever you put your mind to.
- Celebrate Your Flaws
- Flaws make us unique. No two people are the same. We are all different. Embrace that difference in yourself. It’s the most beautiful thing about you!
- Accept your weaknesses is one step in the right direction to gaining confidence. You will know what you need to improve on to ignite confidence!
- Just Keep Swimming
- No matter what happens in life, just know that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and to just keep swimming. Dory was a smart fish. Listen to her! She’s right – Just Keep Swimming.
- Staying true to who you are is another important tip to staying confident. Make sure you are doing what you love to do. Embrace being weird or creative. That is what makes you unique.
- When people see that you are being your true self, they will gravitate to you. It’s happened in my own life. As long as I stay true to what I love to do, what I believe in, and my values, I will remain confident with who I am.
I believe in every bulleted list above. I feel like each one is special to me and has helped me get to where I am right now. I believe that confidence is the most beautiful outfit you can wear. It’s so important to believe in yourself and know that you are not alone. It took me a very long time to become confident in myself.
But I did it.
And I am.
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog! Thank you for reading.
“Confidence is the best thing you can wear.” ~Blake Lively
“Fashion happens when style meets confidence.” ~ Mickey Mouse
1 thought on “Self-Confidence = Best Outfit”