October 19, my favorite day of the year! It’s officially my 25th birthday!
Today I wanted to make this blog a special one sharing 25 fun and random facts about me.
1. This is the most confident I’ve ever been in my entire life. I’ve had a lot of ups and downs in my confidence and self-esteem growing up. 24 has taught me to get over those fears and really embrace the beauty!
2. My favorite clothing store is Torrid. At 24, the dream came true for me to work with my favorite company! It still hasn’t sunk in that, THAT was a thing. I am so so grateful for those opportunities.
3. King of the Coop is my favorite restaurant in Tampa. If you tell me you want chicken, I’ll always tell you to go to King of the Coop! I just featured them in my recent blog! Click here to read it!
4. I use to hate hats. This is such a crazy fact to say because I truly didn’t like them. It wasn’t until I started blogging and experimenting with looks that I fully became the hat queen y’all know now!
5. My favorite city as of now is New Orleans. I traveled there in February of this year before the pandemic. It changed my life!! It’s one of my favorite places. If you want to read how I spent my trip, click here for my blog!
6. I cry weekly about not having NOLA beignets. This is SO so true. It may be midday, at night or just randomly, but I found a love for those beautiful square puffs of deliciousness! I have the mix, it’s just never the same! I just got a tear in my eye y’all while writing this fact.
7. I went viral. Yes, this is a fact that I didn’t think I would ever say. My Animal Crossing reel on Instagram was featured. I woke up on a Monday morning to a ton of hate comments, hundreds of likes I’m not use to getting and SOOO many positive and uplifting comments. If you want to see what I’m talking about, click here!
8. I’ve auditioned for American Idol 5 times. Singing was my first real passion. Why I Keep Auditioning is a blog coming soon because it’s an important conversation, but not for today! Just keep an eye out for this one. (Hint: November) I’ve written several blogs about my experience in the past, so click here to check them out.
9. I wanted to own a wedding dress boutique for plus size women. When I was little I had a notebook filled with things I wanted to do as an entrepreneur one day. That was one of them! I wanted to be a designer or dresses and have my own boutique. I just learned how to sew this year, so that’s a business idea that’s unfortunately crossed off on the list.
10. Speaking of the boutique, I have a Poshmark Closet that has over 300 items in it. I have over 100 sitting in my Poshmark posting basket as I type! I am looking forward to posting all these listings for y’all!
11. My favorite mixed drink is Captain Morgan and Coke. This is SO random, but that is my favorite to drink! A close second is a nice Mimosa for a Sunday brunch.
12. The last three months of the year are my favorite time of the year! From October to December, I love all these feels of fall and winter! In Florida, the weather doesn’t really change, but it’s truly the best time of year.
13. Fun fact: This is my 254th blog! I’ve been blogging since April 2017 and pretty soon I’ll be reaching another milestone of 300 blogs! This has been a crazy journey. Blogging makes me so happy; this is my absolute favorite thing to do!
14. I love a pizza with pineapple and jalapeños. That is my go-to pizza! I know people don’t like pineapple on their pizza, but I love it! A classic pepperoni works too! (My second favorite!)
15. My getting ready song is Nice To Meet Ya by Meghan Trainor. I love that song WAY too much. I put that on almost all my Instagram reels because that song makes me feel like a BOSS!
16. My Island on Animal Crossing is called EPCOT because it is one of my favorite places to go on Disney World property. I miss Disney so much! Unfortunately, we canceled our passes, but that’s okay! I’d rather be safe!
17. Speaking of Disney World property, my favorite restaurant at Disney is Kona Cafe. I love their bread and macadamia nut butter! Also, that is the go-to place for some amazing sushi. I didn’t like sushi until I went there!
18. My favorite Walt Disney quote is “If you can dream it, you can do it”. This I find is SO true. I have that quote on a letter board so I can look up from my desk and look it everyday. It reminds my that my dreams aren’t so far away. If have that dream, I can make it happen. I can make those dreams a reality.
19. Y’all know I LOVE leopard and cheetah print. This all stems from my favorite movie when I was little called The Cheetah Girls. That movie was my favorite! I was the Galleria of my friend group for SURE.
20. My favorite blog I’ve ever written is my Journey To Confidence A Decade in the Making blog. That one was super vulnerable and opening up with you all my journey to how I got to the place I am in now. If you haven’t read it, you should to see what made me start this whole thing.
21. Going off of the pervious fact, my english teacher in high school told me I was a great writer. I’ll never forget that because that always confused me. Once I realized I wanted to start blogging, I knew that statement was true. She called it! I found my voice through writing. All these years I thought I had to share my voice through singing. I could’ve blogged all along and made the same impact I wanted to make with my signing voice, but through posts and blogging.
22. I want to write a book. I can’t believe I just wrote that fact! My bucket list goal for me as a blogger is to one day write a book. I know I have this blog to share all my thoughts, fashion tips and advice and confidence journey. I want to write something more personal and in depth. I already have the title and the first chapter.
23. The first song I ever performed to was Oops! I Did It Again by Britney Spears. I was 5 or 6 years old. I am still a Britney fan! Every time that song comes on, I do the dance I made up when I was a kid! Time flys y’all!
24. The last book I read was Anne of Green Gables. I loved it so much! “I’m so glad to live in a world where there are Octobers.” If that isn’t the truth, I don’t know what is!
25. I believe 25 is going to be the year of evolving into the blogger and creator I am becoming. I am so proud of how far I’ve come with the journey and I can’t wait to continue to share more stories, fashion, and create memories with you!
I want to thank you all for spending this October with me on my blog! This is the longest I’ve ever blogged in a row and I love it! Chey-O-Ween isn’t over yet and there is tons of spooky and fall content coming!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! You all are the best!