Happy New Year Everyone!
With less than 48 hours until 2020, I’ve realized a lot about 2019 and the lessons it taught me. 2019 was very eye opening and full of crazy adventures that I didn’t expect to take. Last time I wrote an update on my 2019 goals was in August – click here to check out my 2019 goals.
- Event Planning – I didn’t think 2019 was the year I’d start following my dream of becoming an event planner. This was the biggest and most important thing that happened to me throughout the entire year. This year I starting planning events which was totally unexpected and the best thing that has ever happened to me. I’m so thankful for those opportunities and blessed that everything fell into place.
- Unplugging More Often – If you couldn’t tell, I hardly posted on my blog this year. As of right now, I’ve only posted just above 40 blogs for the year. This is my lowest I’ve ever done – but also the best content I’ve put out in a while. I unplugged from social media so many times this year because there are days I just don’t want to post an Instagram. It’s okay to not always be on your phone.
Positivity & Overcoming Fashion Fears
- I learned this year the importance of positive mental health. I started asking myself what are 3 things that went well and what do I look forward to tomorrow. I may not do it everyday, but this is something that I will continue to do. It helps you become grateful for the big or small things and continuing to live everyday with more positivity and progress!
- Fashion fears included jumpsuits, bodysuits, anything that made uncomfortable – it hated it. I never wanted to wear it because typically stereotypes for plus size women. I said forget it this year and I tried it out and love it all.
- From Vegas to New York and Arizona – I got the opportunity to travel again. When I was younger I was afraid to get on planes. 2019 was the year I got on a plane by myself. For the first time ever, I traveled alone. I was so proud of myself for accomplishing one of my major fears. I traveled to a new state – Arizona. I loved every minute of it! I had the chance to spend time with my family and see a million cacti.
Still Living Out My Dreams
- I have a lot of ideas and goals for my life. Earlier in the year I said I wanted to focus on one thing – it’s true, but I’ve found I was still in my craft room making crafts and doing so many DIY’s throughout my Vlogmas that got me re-inspired to be crafty again. I fell in love with being in there again not just for my Poshmark station, but to make crafts I’ve been wanting to do for years. DIY blogs to come! I’ve been planning on doing more with crafting.
Spending Time With Loved Ones
- This has been something I have valued more than ever in any year. With several of the events that have happened this year, I’ve realized that I need to make more memories with the people in my life. This is a value and goal i’m bringing into the new year and decade.
Vlogging & Blogging
- This year I was able to grow my audience on YouTube and do more of what I wanted to do – share my story and be confident and help those who need confidence. I believe that it why my past was my past to help people now.
- My blog turned 2 this year. I cannot wait for it to be 3 years since starting my website!
“The Way To Get Started Is To Stop Talking & Start Doing.”
- Walt Disney said it best. That is the quote that I’ve been living by for the last couple of months and it has helped motivate me to bring new opportunities and new ideas into my life. This a quote i’ll continue to live by throughout my 2020’s until dream and goals come true!
2019 was the such an amazing year filled with new memories. 2019 was the first year where I didn’t have to go to school. 2019 was the year of finally being on my own in the real world as a future business owner and entrepreneur. My dreams haven’t changed – my goals have stayed the same. I still want the same exact things to happen in my life, but bigger and better.
I was worried I wouldn’t measure up to the amount of accomplishments I had in 2018. It’s true, I didn’t get another degree in a year or make everything on my bucket list for 2019 happen from the beginning, but it was truly the year of learning and growing. It was the year of traveling somewhere new on my own or starting my business from the ground up. Learning more about research and plans for my future – 2019 was my year to learn more about me and what I am capable of doing. I was worried that I failed, but I’m not anymore – because I’m just getting started. I’m proud of where I’ve been and what I’m doing to get there.
2020 will truly be the best year of my life – and I know it.
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope this blog inspired you to look back on your goals and see how far you’ve come since the beginning of the year, mid-year or whenever you planned you goals. It’s important to write them down and have a place to look at them. They are reminders from where you once were and accomplishments for when you make those goals a reality.
Until the next blog!